Skellefteå, Sweden, 3 April 2019 – NUITEQ®, a collaborative software company that enables teams, organizations, educational institutions, and businesses to add value through smarter human interaction, announced today an update to Lessons Online, its cloud-based Online Learning Suite for the interactive classroom and on the go.
An important aspect of the product development at NUITEQ is the implementation of feedback from our Partners. Items that are listed below with a are Partner requests.
Here’s what’s new:
- Added an option to log in using ‘Sign in with Google’
Today we are asked to remember many passwords, and sometimes the mind can play tricks on us; a password that we are confident is correct, sometimes isn’t. That results in wasted time. So, simplifying the login process by adding the “Sign in with Google” feature was essential for this release. Now teachers have one less password to remember, and it can save them time and avoid frustration.
- Added an option to the Spinner lesson type to allow for text size editing on the spinner
When using the Spinner lesson type, teachers can now use more characters for the text that will be displayed on the spinner. The size of the text automatically adjusts to fit on the spinner.
- Added the following subjects to the Lessons app, Lessons Online, the MultiTeach Lessons Community upload, and Quick search:
1. Personal, Health, Social
2. Digital Citizenship
3. Vocational Skills
4. Spanish Language Arts
- Added a search for Poll titles in the Lessons Online interface
Teachers can now easily search through all their polls, by typing a keyword into the “My Polls” search.
- Added suggested lessons at the end of a lesson based on the subject of the played lesson
After a lesson is played, subject relevant lessons are displayed. Teachers or students can just press play and learn more about the subject they’re focusing on with other fun lessons.
- Added different options for fitting content on objects (fill, stretch, center, fit, tile)
When creating or editing an existing lesson, teachers now have more options for the way they display content on different objects. This gives them more creative freedom to make fun and engaging lessons for their students.
- Added the linking of Lessons Online and MultiTeach Lessons Community profiles
When teachers or students edit their Lessons Online profile information, their MultiTeach Lessons Community profile is automatically updated with the new information.
- Added a browse function to navigate to a standard and search (find a standard) standards when uploading to the MultiTeach Lessons Community
When sharing their lessons with the community, teachers now have the option to search and add one or more standards directly in Lessons Online, before they send their lesson to the MultiTeach Lessons Community.
- Added more Chromebook keyboard support functionality to Lessons Online
- Quiz: type 1,2,3,4 or a,b,c,d to answer a question
To save time while answering quizzes, students can simply press 1,2,3,4 or a, b,c, d on their keyboard to send in their answer.
- For all lesson types, we added the option to skip a YouTube video that plays at the beginning of a lesson by pressing any key
- In Lessons Online, Explore, or search, we added the ability to read the lesson description and see the standards associated with it without needing to download the lesson
- Added an option to choose five different background layouts for all lesson types
When creating or editing an already existing lesson, teachers can now use the following options to adjust the lessons background: Fill, Stretch, Center, Fit or Tile. This way, they can create unique lessons to engage students in learning.
- Added the ability to upload lesson lists to the MultiTeach Lessons Community
Sharing is caring! What can be better than being able to lesson plan in seconds? By sharing lesson lists to the community, teacher fellows can easily plan an entire lesson with minimal effort.
- Added an option to allow recording of sound when adding content to a lesson (in addition to being able to add a sound file)
Teachers can now make their lessons even more interactive, by recording sounds for the content of a lesson.
- Improved adding YouTube links to lessons under Lesson information
- Improved graphics
- Improved loading time of the Explore page
- Added an option for NUITEQ to verify creators
- General improvements and fixes
You can check the history of all the Snowflake release notes here.
For more information check out our Support Page.
NUITEQ® is a collaborative software company that enables teams, organizations, educational institutions, and businesses to add value through smarter human interaction. NUITEQ maximizes the use of any multitouch touchscreen with fully independent zones that can be used simultaneously. Its educational software empowers expressive learning through memorable digital storytelling. NUITEQ provides a safe environment for providing authentic feedback in collaborative settings. Its award-winning Snowflake software is used in over 70 countries.
For more information, visit www.nuiteq.com.
NUITEQ®, MultiTeach®, and Natural User Interface® are registered trademarks of Natural User Interface Technologies AB in Sweden, EU, and the US.