Skellefteå, Sweden, 5 June 2019 – NUITEQ®, a collaborative software company that enables teams, organizations, educational institutions, and businesses to add value through smarter human interaction, announced today the release of version 7 of NUITEQ Snowflake, the educational software that brings interactivity to your school and boosts classroom engagement by using smarter human interaction.
Below the most valuable new capabilities of Snowflake 7 are highlighted.
New name and merge
As natural, intuitive, and ease of use are at the core of what NUITEQ does, the company wanted to make the branding for its educational offers easier to understand so we simplified and streamlined them.
One of the significant changes in this release of Snowflake is the new product branding that follows NUITEQ's new house style and includes a new name, logo, background, icons, and colors.
The three products that were, until today, known as Snowflake MultiTeach, Lessons Online and the MultiTeach Lessons Community will jointly live on as NUITEQ Snowflake.
With this release, we allow the users to choose their preferred platform; they can either use Snowflake on a Mac or PC, which comes with the Lessons app and a range of ready-made applications or you can use Snowflake in the browser/web, where users might not have some of the apps, but they have access to the Lessons app, Poll (NUITEQ’s Students Response System), homework and assessment modules, access to the global teachers community and rich library of curriculum aligned lessons.
The web-based version of Snowflake can be accessed via the website snow.live.
Note that if you have used your Google account to sign in previously, you may need to sign out of your Google account and sign in again.
400 000+ curriculum aligned standards
Snowflake is now also the only global platform that supports over 400 000 curriculum-aligned standards, helping teachers to save lesson planning time while meeting their students' learning requirements and ultimately improving their educational outcomes.
Lessons lists are ideal for teachers to let their students go through several activities in a sequence. As a teacher, you might have a lesson list for the days of the week (Monday-Friday) or lesson lists for Math, English, and Geography or even a lesson list for specific subjects such as The Second World War or Napoleon. We have now added the ability to upload lists to Snowflake (web version) from the Lessons app.
Support for 40+ languages
Snowflake supports over 40 languages, including English, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, and many others. We are proud to have added five new languages for India, namely Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, and Urdu.
For every release, we aim to improve the performance of Snowflake. We are delighted to share that we have improved the application performance when running in Zones as well as the performance for app loading. These improvements contribute to an overall better user experience.
“We are excited about the launch of Snowflake 7. One of the big developments that we have worked on is the merge of Lessons Online with the MultiTeach Lessons Community, which are now jointly known as the web version of Snowflake. Users can now access the web version of Snowflake via the website snow.live”, says NUITEQ CEO and co-founder Harry van der Veen. He continues: “We are also delighted that we are now the only company in the world that offers curriculum-aligned educational content, with over 400 000 standards in our database.”
You can find all the release notes below:
NUITEQ Snowflake 7.0 - 4 June 2019
- Re-branded Snowflake MultiTeach to NUITEQ Snowflake (new product name, background, icons, logos, and colors)
- Added in the Lessons app that filter drop-downs are now shown by default on the Explore page
- Added the ability to upload lists to Snowflake (web version) from the Lessons app
- Added the option to manually request a sync operation in the Lessons app
- Added support for five new languages for India (Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, and Urdu), totaling the number of languages for Snowflake to 40+
- Added a confirmation message that shows up when a connection is attempted to be made from NUITEQ Remote, during which a teacher can choose to allow/not allow for the connection
- Fixed a sync-related issue between the Lessons app and Snowflake (web version)
- Improved application performance when running in Zones
- Improved app loading performance
- General improvements and bugfixes
NUITEQ Snowflake (web version) - 4 June 2019
- Re-branded Lessons Online to NUITEQ Snowflake (new product name, background, icons, logos, and colors)
- Added a redesigned navigation bar on the top
- Added the ability to change language from the top bar
- Added a sign up option when not logged in
- Added the option to search and download Lesson lists from the community
- Added a hamburger menu on the lessons on the Explore page that shows options relevant to the lessons
- Added the option to share lessons on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook
- Added so the community lessons on the Explore page show their download and like count
- Added the ability to like lessons if logged in
- Added a feature to show notifications of any activity on the community to show on Snowflake (web version)
- Updated the 'Play before lesson' option to be on by default when adding a YouTube link under Lesson information when editing a lesson
- Minor text and graphics improvements
- General improvements and bugfixes
NUITEQ® is a collaborative software company that enables educational institutions to add value through smarter human interaction.
Designed to support digitalization, productivity, and augmented learning in schools, Snowflake, NUITEQ’s educational software solution enables educators to enhance interactive learning. It helps reduce lesson planning time, offers the tools needed for personalized learning, and provides a safe environment for authentic feedback in a collaborative setting.
Snowflake empowers digital natives’ expressive learning through memorable digital storytelling.
Customers in over 70 countries have chosen the award-winning Snowflake software.
For more information, visit www.nuiteq.com.
NUITEQ® and Natural User Interface® are registered trademarks of Natural User Interface Technologies AB in Sweden, EU, and the USA.