Natural User Interface Technologies AB (NUITEQ®), a pioneer in collaborative touchscreen software solutions, is looking for a passionate, dedicated and hardworking Designer, to work at its headquarters in Skellefteå, Sweden.
NUITEQ is the global leading provider of interactive multitouch software solutions in an exciting a rapidly growing new emerging industry. The company has customers in over 70 countries globally, including Intel, Lenovo as well as leading AV system integrators and schools. Its focus is on education and corporate meeting rooms. The multi-award winning company has offices in Sweden, India, Brazil, Canada and the US.
NUITEQ’s vision is to empower teachers and students to teach and learn through creativity in a fun, engaging and memorable way. We are proud that we are touching the lives of millions of people around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
NUITEQ is a company that has Corporate Social Responsibility at its core. You can read more about what drives us, here: http://www.nuiteq.com/company/blog/csr-giving-back-a-nuiteq-core-value
As soon as possible, but we are flexible.
Full time, which in our case is 32,5 hours instead of 40, even though you get paid for 40 hours.
As per discussion during interview.
6 months evaluation period with the goal to turn this into a long term employment. When we employ people, even if it is for 6 months, our goal is to have you join our team for the long term, as we will invest significant time, money and energy into trying to make you successful.
What are your colleagues saying about what they like about working at NUITEQ?
“Good teammates, great company policies and interesting/varying tasks”
“The work hours.”
“The best thing is the flexibility and freedom.”
“The best thing is that what we work with is fun and challenging.”
“I like the way it feels like a family, even though I am remotely located. I did not anticipate this when I started.”
“Snowflake software, good team and leadership.”
“Flexibility to help with work/life balance”
“I like that days are mostly different and isn't a perfect schedule of the same thing over and over.”
“Honest and precise”
“A lot of flexibility and willing to listen to suggestions.”
“I can be creative”
“Feedback is honest and open.”
“Company parties, good working hours, massages and varying work.”
“I like that in theory anyone can praise anyone.”
“Everyone's opinions are valued, flat hierarchy. Challenging and fun work. Great people!”
“Gives us fruits :)”
“About the CEO, gathers counsel advice from others.”
“CEO doesn't talk condescendingly, doesn't pretend to know everything listens well to feedback, and is honest about his opinions.”
“That there is always something new on the horizon.”
We require from you:
* CV (including 3 references to contact)
* Letter of motivation
* Good English speaking and writing
* Proven graphic designing experience with a strong portfolio
* UI design experience
* Photoshop skills
* Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
* Professional regarding time and deadlines
* Demonstration of illustrative skills with rough sketches
* Basic knowledge of computers
* Passion for designing, helping people, our company, products, vision and mission as well as interest in technology in general
* Motivated and positive attitude
* Thriving when you are being challenged
* Team player that is also able to work solo
* Good and proactive communication skills
* A sense of humour
* Can do mentality
* Eager to learn new things
* Work according to challenging goals and deadlines
It would be a plus if you have the following skills:
* UX design
* Web experience
* Sketch or Illustrator (or any other program with Vector graphics)
* CSS/HTML knowledge
* Mobile experience (iOS and or Android)
* Good knowledge of iOS and Android Design guidelines
Your tasks will include amongst others:
* Design UI for and GFX for NUITEQ / Snowflake software (web, mobile apps (Android and iOS) and PC)
* Web design for web components of our products
* Incorporate changes recommended by the NUITEQ team into the final design
* Review designs for errors before printing or publishing to ensure the production of accurate and high quality work
* Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
* Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
* Collaborate with a team of copywriters, designers, developers and executives
* Estimating the time required to complete the work
* Prototyping in invision or AdobeXD
* Creating wireframes
We offer you:
* An environment where your personal input is heard
* Fun and dynamic work environment, with regular parties
* Possibility to learn new things about the most exciting market out there
* Help change the world
* Flexibility in working hours
* Long term opportunity to benefit of the success and growth of the company
* Work with partners and clients worldwide
* 25 holidays a year and red days
* NUITEQ day (1 Friday per month, you have the afternoon off)
* Sports pass
* Christmas gift
* Book fund / magazines
* Regular cake, at least 12 times a year :)
* Charity fund, we donate money on your behalf to a charity of your choice
* Paid volunteering day per month
* Education (seminars, events etc)
* Potential end of year bonus depending on company performance
* Your own office space with desk, chair, computer and amenities to make you perform to your best potential
Company culture / DNA
Employees come first
The company always has to first take care of its employees. Then the employees will take care of the customers and the customers will take care of the company.
In NUITEQ we have a flat hierarchy, where we work together and collaborate as a team and that there aren’t particularly any bosses that are “above” others. This ties in with our culture that everyone is equal.
Corporate Social Responsibility (Giving back)
We give back to the less fortunate through charity & volunteering and we share our success with our community through sponsoring.
Respect colleagues, reward the team and celebrate success
Respect your colleagues and their opinions no matter what, because everyone is different and has different valid views.
With respect for colleagues comes also the rewarding of the team. If the team does an amazing job, they should be rewarded for their work. We celebrate our success with quarterly parties, random cake every now and then and other perks.
Value and respect the customer
The customer pays our salaries and they help us to work on what we love doing.
Have fun / team building / relaxing office environment
We are very serious about doing a great job for our customers and partners, but it is important to have fun in the process and build relationships and maybe even friendships with colleagues. This goes hand in hand with offering NUITEQ staff a fun and relaxing office environment, where they can enjoy themselves, like a second home or a home away from home.
High priority customer support
A happy customer is likely to come back for more products and shares his positive experiences with others, resulting in more business, so we try to under promise and over-deliver.
Internal learning and personal development are important to challenge ourselves and to grow as persons. We do this amongst others through hack-day projects, attending external and internal seminars, as well as code reviews.
Questions stimulate discussions and increases learning. Never be afraid to ask “dumb” questions, as there is no such thing as a dumb question.
Innovation / creativity / R&D / killer app
As an innovative technology company, we should always be creative, innovate and R&D new areas for the future and give the staff freedom and autonomy to develop their own ideas, as companies that don’t innovate will not develop themselves.
We always have the killer app mindset, which new idea, could be that next big thing that could propel us to new heights.
Failing is ok
It is ok to fail, as long as we learn from it and avoid it from happening a second time.
Disagreeing is ok
People are different and have different opinions. It is ok to disagree, as this stimulates discussion and can sharpens ideas.
Truly open door policy
The manager’s door is always open to listen to feedback to improve the company and the wellbeing of its employees.