What it does
The Match lesson type provides a way for students to demonstrate understanding of basic concepts.
Students drag content related photos and/or word cards from a row in the middle of the screen to a corresponding place-holder in a row near the bottom of the screen.
- Previewing and reviewing subject matter content, facts
- Classification, categorization
- Subject-matter vocabulary development.
- Representing detailed visual topic-related content
- Supports self-correction
- Quick check for understanding; supports self-correction.
- Associative learning, recall, visual thinking
- On a large display, Match allows for student movement; good for students who require kinesthetic learning opportunities
- Teachers can align questions/tasks and content to specific curriculum standards and objectives
- Match items can be arranged to support teaching of various sequences, life cycles, etc.
- The Match lesson type can be used by students to create basic lessons to share with their classmates or use during presentations.
Works well with
- Educational video clips
- Educational PDFs.
Other lesson types that represent the same or similar educational content/concepts:
- Guess (for content-related vocabulary development and review)
- Scramble (for content-related vocabulary development and review).
A Match lesson type can be easily converted into the following lesson types:
- Drop (change the title of the round from “Default” to match the topic of the lesson)
- Arrange (with modification to order items in the timeline)
When photos are labeled with text:
Find out more
Ready to use Match to create touchscreen lessons that can be used in your classroom? Download the FREE 14 days Snowflake MultiTeach trial by clicking the button below.