We are so excited about the Auto Updater program that we added to Snowflake 2.0, that we released another quick update for you, already the second update in just a few days, namely version 2.0.2. Its kind of addicting to be able to offer you the latest improvements in such a short time frame and in such an easy way.
Just as a reminder for those of you who are familiar with previous versions of Snowflake. Until recently every time when we released a new upgrade, you had to uninstall your existing Snowflake version and then install the new version. We however wanted to offer our Partners and Customer a smoother experience when offering them the latest version of the software, so we developed the Auto Updater program.
This program (which comes installed with Snowflake) basically looks for any Snowflake updates that are available for download and then easily installs available updates on top of the existing installation, without the need for you to go through the process of completely uninstalling and reinstalling Snowflake. We figured that this would make your life a lot easier.
The changes for version 2.0.2 are as follows:
Version 2.0.2 - 2011/07/06
- Added settable colors in DrawOnVideo
- Added settable text in PDF Viewer and Media viewer
- Added settable text when loading applications
- Added .mp4 video support to Puzzle
- Added smoother thumbnail loading in Media Viewer
- Added support for using specific images as thumbnails in Media Viewer
- Added a better message when OSC fails to bind the socket
- Added a setting to specify the Browser menu bar colors
- Added a message if the screen saver fails to play (codec issue)
- Added initial support for unicode in Snowflake
- Fixed web page centering
- Fixed corner menu default setting in Configuration Editor
- Fixed so that mouse control is enabled by default on Mac
- Fixed issue with config variables that contained ':'
- Fixed various minor issues in Configuration Editor
- Fixed Configuration Editor UI for Mac
- Fixed an issue where Snowflake took a long time to exit
- Fixed a hard coded path issue in PDF Viewer
- Fixed rendering issues in Connledge
For the Mac users, we tuned the Auto Updater for Mac, so you'll be able to use it from version 2.0.2 (this release and onward). So we recommend you to install the complete 2.0.2 and use the Auto Updater from hereon forward for any updates that will become available in the future.
If you haven't already installed Snowflake before, you can download a free evaluation version here.
The Snowflake SDK for Windows will be available for download today or tomorrow, so keep your eyes on this blog or NUITEQ's corporate twitter at www.twitter.com/multitouch